Yatagan hydrofilter operation:
- Grill or oven fumes get into the hydrofilter enclosure. The fumes can be as hot as 450 C. This part of the hydrofilter enclosure contains nozzles to create a curtain of large water drops. Fume passes across the water curtain. It is the first stage of cooling, spark arresting, and fume cleaning.
- Then the fumes and water drops get into another part of the hydrofilter filled with incombustible material that has an extensive labyrinth-like surface area. The Yatagan Safe Fire hydrofilter uses a layer of ceramic rings (Raschig rings) placed into a cartridge 100... 120 mm high. The water drops wet the surface of the rings; the fumes as they pass through the labyrinth of wet ceramic rings change their direction many times and contact the water on the labyrinth walls for a long time. It produces an efficient heat and mass transfer between the fumes and the water in the hydrofilter: the fumes are cooled down while the contaminants (soot, fat, smoke, tar, odors...) are transferred into water and washed away from the surface of the rings.
- Then the cleaned and cooled air enters the second part of the hydrofilter for extra purification and drying. For this, the Yatagan Safe Fire Hydrofilter uses the conventional industrial technology: a stainless steel labyrinth drip collector.
- The water accumulated in the hydrofilter enclosure is delivered to the nozzles to wet the labyrinth and to wash out the retained contaminants. Pumps in the hydrofilter circulate the water and supply it to the nozzles.
- For better fume cleaning efficiency and keeping the hydrofilter operational for long periods, a special gel surfactant is added to the circulating water. The gel continuously washes the wet labyrinth, protects it from soot and fat deposits, and improves fat and tar solubility in water.
- As the water in the hydrofilter gets contaminated or overheated, it is replaced automatically (contaminated hot water is drained to sewage while clear cold tap water is used to top up).
- An industrial grade CPU and a number of the hydrofilter sensors monitor the water level, its contamination, operation of the circulating pumps and fans, service intervals, etc.
- There are several options to control the Yatagan Hydrofilter: manual using the wall-mounted button panel (Start and Stop buttons), manual with the wall-mounted touchscreen panel, manual with the remote fob, manual with a PC or a tablet, weekly scheduling with a tablet, fully automated: no user intervention required.