Yatagan Hot Spot hydrofilter operation:
- The hydrofilter is installed on the top of the mounting frame. The grill is located at the bottom of the frame, between the pillars. The hydrofilter output flange is connected with a duct to an appropriately sized fan.
- The grill fumes go directly into the hydrofilter enclosure through the lower intake mesh. The intake mesh is continuously sprayed with water and serves as the first stage for fume cooling and cleaning.
- Then the fumes pass the second “wet labyrinth” made as a layer of ceramic Raschig rings continuously sprayed with water (a reliable solution used for industrial air cleaning. It produces an efficient heat and mass transfer between the fumes and the water in the hydrofilter: the fumes are cooled down while the contaminants (soot, fat, smoke, tar, odors...) are transferred into water and washed away from the surface of the rings.
- The rings and the mesh are sprayed by special nozzles that can use even contaminated water. Water is accumulated at the bottom of the hydrofilter enclosure and is circulated in a close loop by the pumps.
- For better fume cleaning efficiency and keeping the hydrofilter operational for long periods, a special gel surfactant is added to the circulating water. The gel continuously washes the wet labyrinth, protects it from soot and fat deposits, and improves fat and tar solubility in water.
- As the water in the hydrofilter gets contaminated or overheated, it is replaced automatically (contaminated hot water is drained to sewage while clear cold tap water is used to top up).
- An industrial grade CPU and a number of the hydrofilter sensors monitor the water level, its contamination, operation of the circulating pumps and fans, service intervals, etc.
- There are several options to control the Yatagan Hydrofilter: manual using the wall-mounted button panel (Start and Stop buttons), manual with the wall-mounted touchscreen panel, manual with the remote fob, manual with a PC or a tablet, weekly scheduling with a tablet, fully automated: no user intervention required.